Monday 13 May 2013

Interview - Vince Azzopardi: Humble & Handsome


One of the men that we've always wanted to interview was Vince Azzopardi. The UK fashion model is a total heartthrob. He's modelled for brands such as Armani, Police and Dolce & Gabanna, yet he always seems incredibly real and grounded. In this interview, you'll find out how Vince first got into modelling, how he feels about his social media following and his favourite shoot destination. Enjoy!



1. How did you first get involved into modelling? Was it something you'd always wanted to get into?

Vince: "I was a kickboxer. I got spotted during a fight, did a photoshoot for a martial arts website and then a few months later met a photographer who had connections in Milan, so I went over and got signed to work with Armani :)"

2. What was your first shoot experience like? Were you nervous?

Vince: "Terrifying. I remember sweating and panicking like mad, but it was alright in the end and I got used to it, now I enjoy it."






3. How did it feel to land your first major modelling job?

Vince: "My dad used to always tell me when I was a kid, that if a man wore an Armani suit, he was a man with class and someone who had made it. My first job was doing the Emporio Armani catwalk in Milan during fashion week, bearing in mind my dad passed away a few years prior, it was a pretty damn emotional experience for me, real roller coaster."

4. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far as a model?

Vince: "Closing the Armani show last season or getting into Vogue. One of the two."


5. What's your dream modelling job? Are there any designers or magazines that you aspire to work with?

Vince: "In the fashion world, Armani and I work for them a lot, so I'm kind of happy where I am. I wouldn't want to be the video boy, although its good money, their too famous and I imagine it can become annoying."

6. Your modelling career has taken you to many destinations, what has been your favourite so far?

Vince: "Malibu when I shot with Thomas Watkin and Tommy Cupples a few years back."



7. What advice would you give to any guys looking to break into the modelling world?

Vince: "Go see an agency in a capital city in your country. If they like you, you stand a chance, give it a go. If you have no responsibilities and can chuck away a year to invest into the job. Also don't take it seriously, looks fade, even if your a good model, make sure you have something to do when its done."

8. You are quite personable and interactive with your fans over social media. Is it flattering to know that you've built up such a fan base?

Vince: "I don't think I have fans. In today's social media world, anyone can have a few thousand followers/fans/whatever, but if anyone wants to talk to me in a respectful way or has something interesting to say, they will always get my time."



9. How does it feel knowing that both male and female fans find you to be attractive?

Vince: "Its cool, but one day it will be all a memory. I'm happier that now with social networking I can influence people on a deeper level sometimes, that's worth more now."

10. What does 2013 hold for Vince Azzopardi?

Vince: "Landed another Armani job, so they're flying me back there soon. Got some shoots in England, America and one in Puerto Rico after that, then Amsterdam to see some friends and relax after the seasons done. Oh and Ibiza with the walker brothers, that will be fun."



Random Rapid Fire Questions.

1. Hidden talent? I am the master of Mario Kart on Nintendo Wii
2. Last film you saw in the theatre? Can't remember, going to say Killing Me Softly
3. Item you never leave home without? iPhone
4. Boxers or briefs? Neither if I'm chilling/in joggers, walking around shopping. In the gym, briefs as don't enjoy hurting myself when doing exercise lol
5. Song you can't get out of your head? Daft Punk - Get Lucky
6. Funniest thing that's ever happened during a shoot? Probably something Andy Walker's done, funniest model ever worked with

Huge thanks to Vince for taking part in this interview and being a pleasure to deal with. You can follow Vince and interact with him on Twitter @vincentazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment