Tuesday 18 December 2012

Interview - Rob Ryzin: Rising Star


Heartthrob Hero readers, I'm sure you all know by know that we not only love professional wrestling, we love hot professional wrestlers. Today's interview is with one of the hottest pro wrestlers on the independent wrestling scene, Rob Ryzin. Rob has been wowing crowds for years and feels that 2013 is going to be a big year for him and we can't agree more. With his charisma, positive attitude and killer abs, the sky really is the limit for Rob. Enjoy the interview and enjoy looking at his delicious abs.

1. When did you first become a fan of professional wrestling? What wrestlers got you hooked?

Rob: "The Ultimate Warrior got me hooked initially I believe, he was always just larger than life, then soon after, Bret Hart REALLY cemented me as a fan and made me realize that Pro Wrestling is what I wanted to do. Shawn Michaels was the one I started thinking "I can be that size, and that charismatic" then the Hardy Boyz once I started, I idolized them from there because of their transition from Indy wrestlers to WWE superstars."

2. How did you get your start in wrestling?

Rob: "I have always been a fan, and was determined that I was going to be a wrestler. In 2001 I saw an ad in the Westword (a local alternative press type newspaper) for XTC (Xtreme and Total Chaos) Pro Wrestling academy, and even though I was 15 years old I begged and pleaded with my Grandma and Father to help get me in. After many contracts and notarized documents, I began training and trained for 6 months before XTC went under and I waited till I was 17 before returning to the indies with HVW (High Velocity Wrestling) me and my friend/tag partner Jay Synn, trained for a brief month or 2 then were so impressive we were added to the live events."






3. What advice would you give to anyone thinking about getting into wrestling?

Rob: "Be prepared, it is a very hard business, people can be mean, there is hazing, and you can't half-ass it if you want to make it. You need to work on your body, character, and skills in wrestling training. Also, something I am learning more now, is take a lot of acting/theatre classes in school, never stop improving, public speaking, etc."

4. Who has been your favorite person to step into the ring against?

Rob: "There have been so many. I loved my match with Kirby Mack, former ECW star Jerry Lynn, I have never had a bad match against a few of the local indy guys, such as my former partner Jay Synn, Hoodlum, and Aaron "The Candy" Mann."


5. What sets Rob Ryzin apart from other wrestlers?

Rob: "First of all, my attitude towards everything is positive, I believe in me therefore I achieve. I am always working on making myself better, and overall more marketable. I study the game, and I also study advertising, marketing, and am a promotional juggernaut, promoters love me because of my ability to draw a crowd, and fans love me because I am very outgoing, personable and always fan friendly."

6. What would you tell non-fans or fans of just the WWE and TNA to get them to give indy wrestling a chance? What other indy wrestlers do you enjoy watching? 

Rob: "Just attend a show I know for me usually 9x out of 10 people who attend live indy wrestling events (if the show is good) they return. It's a different atmosphere. I enjoy watching a lot of the indy guys, there isn't anyone notably."


7. How did you come about the decision to follow a straight edge lifestyle?

Rob: "I won't go too deep into it, it's a long story...but in short, I had a bad upbringing with alcohol, so it was an obvious no-brainer, I didn't want to look like that. Plus my Grandma (who eventually attained custody of me, and she was Straight Edge before it was a culture. She never drank, smoked or did any drugs, and she had me promise I'd do the same. I am good at keeping my promises."


8. Is it flattering for you to know that you're a sex symbol to both female and male wrestling fans?

Rob: "It is flattering for sure, I mean I feel like as I was in Elementary and Middle I was considered unattractive and didn't have luck with the ladies... but when I set my mind to something I make sure I get it done, so if I am considered a Sex Symbol it's flattering and I thank those who think that of me.... but I worked very hard on my looks, physique and charisma because I wanted to be more attractive, it's all in your mind."

9. What's next for Rob Ryzin?

Rob: "Well, that depends, I have a feeling 2013 is my year to eXpand. Whether I make it to the "big time" or not this year I will be apart of many of the "Bigger Indy promotions" and I want to dabble in reality TV, etc. Mark my words....this year I will be on some TV show... that's whats next for Rob Ryzin."


Random Rapid Fire Questions.
1. Dream tag partner? Current: The Hardy Boyz (either of them) or Justin Gabriel.
2. Dream opponent? Shawn Michaels or Jeff Hardy
3. Favorite song to workout to? Bang your  Head by: Quiet Riot -OR- Sexy and I know it by LMFAO 
4. Hidden talent? It's hidden for a reason.... ;)
5. Best pick-up line? "I'm a professional Wrestler" -or- *I simply lift up my shirt and show them the goods. (Abs)
6. Boxers or Briefs? Boxer Briefs....usually.
7. Favorite superhero? Spider-Man or Batman

Thanks so much Rob for the great interview. If you've enjoyed this interview, give Rob a follow on Twitter at @RobRyzin




No comments:

Post a Comment